The basics are learned and it’s time to develop edges, transitions, gliding moves, jumps, spins and more! Skills in the Club class are continually progressed and advanced. We invite all skaters beyond learn to skate, to join in this class to meet new friends, receive additional instruction and ice time and to progress their skating skills. Classes are 40 minutes and include instruction, linking learned skills together and free time.
- For participants in Kindergarten and higher and/or those who are potty trained and capable of independently wearing a mask, social distancing and following directions
- Completion of Step 3: Learn to Skate; Instructor recommendation required
- Participants will need to demonstrate falling down and getting up and taking 8 steps off ice; view our instructional video here
- A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC helmet, is required and must be provided by the participant; Please label the helmet with First Name, Last Initial on the front with painter’s tape before arriving
- Wear warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement, long sleeves and pants, gloves or mittens; Young skaters should wear waterproof clothing and gloves
- Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee; Participants are welcome to bring their own skates although double blade skates are not permitted