Public Skating is the perfect time to get on the ice with friends, family and co-workers! Our trained, professional staff and our Skater’s Code of Conduct ensure a safe and enjoyable experience! Rental skates are available on a first come, first serve basis. Be sure to check our special events calendar for weekly and monthly DJ skate events.
Public Skating Schedules
|10:00AM - 12:00PM||Worcester - Buffone Arena - Ice Sheet|
|12:00PM - 02:00PM||West Roxbury - Jim Roche Community Ice Arena - Ice Sheet|
|05:00PM - 07:00PM||Taunton - Aleixo Arena - Ice Sheet|
|07:00PM - 09:00PM||Springfield - Smead Arena - Ice Sheet|
|08:00PM - 10:00PM||Plymouth - Armstrong Arena - Ice Sheet|
|08:00PM - 10:00PM||West Roxbury - Jim Roche Community Ice Arena - Ice Sheet|
|08:00PM - 10:00PM||Worcester - Buffone Arena - Ice Sheet|
Join us for our second summer of Neon Nights! Every Friday night in Plymouth, Taunton, West Roxbury and Worcester, our public skating sessions will be lights out and feature a DJ playing today’s hit music. After a day in the sun, bring your friends (and some glow sticks) to cool down at your local arena. Drop in with some friends or get your troop, summer camp, or team to join us for a field trip! Contact us for group rates at 1-888-74-SKATE and visit our public skating schedule for up-to-date locations and times.
Public Skating Rates
$5.00 General Admission
$5.00 Rental Skates (Available on a first come, first served basis)
Skaters 62 and older can skate for free. Download your free Senior Skate pass here.
Public Hockey Information
$10.00 General Admission
First two goalies skate for free
18+ (unless otherwise noted)
Full equipment & signed waivers required
For more rink-specific information about public hockey, please click on the corresponding button above.
Parent waiver must be signed for any player under the age of 18
- FMC 18+ Public Hockey
- FMC 16+ Public Hockey
- FMC Youth Public Hockey (12 and Under)
- FMC Teen Public Hockey (13-18)
FMC Stick Time
FMC Stick Time is a great opportunity for hockey players of all ages to come out and practice their stick handling & skills in an open ice environment. Full equipment is required. Click here for more information.
Skater’s Responsibility Code
- Foul, abusive or obscene language is not permitted anywhere in the building or on the grounds.
- All visitors must show respect and courtesy to others regardless of race, gender, creed or ability while in the facility or grounds.
- All visitors should encourage good sportsmanship by refraining from expressing negative or insulting statements to the officials, coaches, participants or spectators.
- Physical force by players (not in the normal course of game play), coaches, parents, spectators or officials is strictly forbidden under any and all circumstances.
- All coaches must supervise and take responsibility for the players inside the team changing rooms they are issued.
- All children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and be supervised when not participating in skating or hockey.
- No play (hockey, catch, etc.) is allowed off the ice surface.
- Use of skateboards, roller blades and “Heelys” are not allowed.
- All visitors must respect the facility and report any person or persons damaging the property to the management.
- Visitors should keep in mind that this arena is a public resource and a place for fun and personal development for all ages and abilities; please assist in preserving a positive environment for all other visitors by honoring this Code of Conduct and reporting to the rink management any violations of it.