Hockey Step 1: Learn to Skate introduces participants to ice skating in a fun, group setting and focuses on skating basics. Our award-winning programs teach skills logically and progressively in a fun and enjoyable way to help all skaters enjoy ice sports.
- For participants in Kindergarten and higher and/or those who are potty trained and capable of independently wearing a mask, social distancing and following directions
- No formal skating experience or instruction is required
- Participants will need to demonstrate falling down and getting up and taking 8 steps off ice; view our instructional video here
- A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC helmet, is required and must be provided by the participant; Please label the helmet with First Name, Last Initial on the front with painter’s tape before arriving
- Wear warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement, long sleeves and pants, gloves or mittens; Young skaters should wear waterproof clothing and gloves
- Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee; Participants are welcome to bring their own skates although double blade skates are not permitted