FMC News & Events
Back to School – Learn to Skate
Welcome to our participants of our Back to School Learn to Skate program. In addition to wearing face coverings, being able to social distance and follow directions, participants will be required to fall down, get up and take a few steps independently.
We have put together a short video to help participants learn these skating skills. Please watch the video prior to your first class day and practice falling down, getting up and taking a few steps with the participant.
Some additional tips:
PRIOR TO ARRIVING:
- A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC helmet is required. Label helmets with First Name, Last Initial using painter’s tape. Put label on the front of the helmet.
- Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee.
Other Requirements:Participants will be required to wear face coverings on the ice, must social distance, comply with FMC Ice Sports COVID Guidelines and meet requirements listed in the COVID certification waiver as acknowledged during check out.
Prior to Arriving
- Participants will need to fall down and get up independently. Use the video above to help ensure participants can complete these tasks.
- Wear warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement, long sleeves and pants, gloves or mittens. Young skaters should wear waterproof clothing and gloves.
- Participants are welcome to bring their own skates although double blade skates are not permitted.
Self Check In
In the hour before a program starts, please use our Self Check In feature. Click here for directions.
If you have any questions please contact your Program Supervisor. Here is a link to our Staff Directory. We can’t wait to see you on the ice!