You’re never too old to ice skate! Skaters ages 16 and older are invited to learn to skate or enhance their skating skills in a fun and comfortable learning environment. Classes include group instruction and free time and encourage skaters to learn at their own pace. Skaters will be grouped by age and/or ability as needed.
- For participants 16 years and older
- No formal skating experience or instruction is required
- Participants will need to demonstrate falling down and getting up and taking 8 steps off ice; view our instructional video here
- A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC helmet, is required and must be provided by the participant; Please label the helmet with First Name, Last Initial on the front with painter’s tape before arriving
- Wear warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement, long sleeves and pants, gloves or mittens
- Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee; Participants are welcome to bring their own skates although double blade skates are not permitted