WAYS TO REGISTER
Online: Visit our program pages at www.fmcicesports.com. Enrollment is generally available 3-4 weeks prior to the season start date and closes 2 days before the class start day.
Phone: Call 1-888-74-SKATE (1-888-747-5283)! Our Program Support Staff is available to assist you with registrations and programming questions.
PROGRAM MAKE-UPS AND CANCELLATIONS
In the event that a class is canceled, participants will be contacted by Program Directors and informed of options available to them. FMC reserves the right to combine or cancel classes due to low enrollment.
WAIT LIST POLICY
If a program you wish to enroll in is full and you have not yet registered, you may be added to the Program Wait List. A Programming staff member will contact you in the event that space becomes available. If you are on the wait list, we ask in advance for your patience and request that you do not call to check wait list status. In addition, please do not attend classes until you are fully registered.
REFUNDS & CREDITS
All refunds are subject to approval and a $20 processing fee. Full refunds, less the processing fee, may be given if requested prior to the first day of classes or with a doctor’s medical note. After the first day of classes has passed, only partial refunds will be considered. Refunds may take 2-3 weeks to be processed. Refunds or credits will not be given after the conclusion of a program.
IMPORTANT CLASS INFORMATION
- All skaters should arrive 15-20 minutes prior to their class start time
- Signed waivers are required for all skaters
- At least 4 participants are needed to run an independent class. Class levels may be combined, different arrangements offered or classes canceled if this requirement is not met.
EQUIPMENT AND CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS
- A helmet, such as a bike helmet or HECC approved helmet, is required for all Step 1, 2 & 3 Programs
- All skaters should wear gloves and warm, comfortable layers that allow for movement
- Waterproof clothing and gloves are strongly recommended for skaters ages 3-6
- For a list of required hockey equipment, please visit the Bruins FUNdamentals page
- Rental skates are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are included in the class fee; most arenas provide both hockey and recreational ice skates
- You are welcome to use your own skates, however, double blade skates are not permitted
- Skates should fit snugly and be worn with one pair of thin socks or tights; for maximum ankle support and to prevent injury, skates should be laced securely all the way to to the top of the boot; if a skater’s heel lifts up and down, smaller skates should be worn